We welcome all guests and strive to remove barriers that are readily achievable. Our Historic Log Cabins were built in the 1870’s and are historically significant to the Yellowstone area and the United States Army. We have preserved them as best we can without threatening the structural integrity and historic nature of the buildings and they are original to 1870’s. The cabins were modernized in 1948 with electrical and plumbing and we have done our very best to preserve their original state while cosmetically restoring them. Our motel was built in 1948 and also due to this historic nature, we are unfortunately not completely accessible to those with disabilities. In 1948, when the motel was built, rooms and bathrooms were built smaller and doorways were built much more narrow than current standards. Since our inception, we have not engaged in any substantial construction that would change the structure in any way. In fact, we have kept everything structurally original (including the original log cabin and cinder block structures). Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is, unfortunately, not readily achievable because it would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property and may cause us to violate state and local building laws.
However, we are always working to make readily achievable modifications to the motel and to our services to improve accessibility. Below, please find a list of achievable modifications that have been made to the motel and the services we offer to assist with accessibility:
- Personal check in assistance and room tour
- Though we do not have visual emergency details, vibrating smoke alarms can be installed in any bed upon prior notification
- Portable threshold ramps (for use to enter each unit) are available upon prior notification
- Short Stature Accessibility Kits are available upon request
- Luggage assistance during regular business hours and upon request
- Guests with service animals, as defined by the ADA, will be provided access to all areas of the motel afforded to those without service animals
- Property information binders available in braille upon request
- Accessible parking area available upon prior notification
- We hold accessible rooms for reservation by guests with disabilities until all standard rooms of that class or type are sold
- Accessible rooms can be reserved/booked via our website during the same hours and in the same manner as non-accessible rooms
- We guarantee that the specific rooms with accessible features, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer
- For any additional information regarding accommodation needs, please contact us directly so that we can ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Accessibility Statement Elkhorn Cabins and Inn is committed to furthering the accessibility and usability of its website, elkhorncabinsandinn.com. Elkhorn Cabins and Inn will be using the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to guide its compliance. The relevant portions of the WCAG will serve as our primary web accessibility standard, though other standards may also be used to provide accessibility to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Further accessibility efforts are under way and we continue to update our website to improve accessibility. In the meantime, if the format of any material on our web pages interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact us to request assistance or if you have questions or comments about our web site’s accessibility. If you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular web page on elkhorncabinsandinn.com, please contact us here or at (406) 646-9534. Please be sure to specify the particular web page in your email or phone call, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you. For information about the accessibility of our property, view our accessibility details above or email us here if you have any questions at all.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT ALL MATTERS RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL DISPUTES, WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MONTANA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS IN GALLATIN COUNTY, MONTANA, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO SUCH JURISDICTION OR VENUE.